Adams Street Partners seeks to maximize investment results relative to the level of risk undertaken. Adams Street Partners believes that the performance of its primary, secondary, and direct investments can be impacted, both positively and negatively, by environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) factors. We are therefore committed to integrating ESG factors into our analysis of current and potential investments. As a demonstration of this commitment and our desire to be a leader in this area, Adams Street Partners is a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment.
Adams Street Partners will, therefore, where consistent with its fiduciary responsibilities:
Evaluation and Integration
- Consider general ESG factors associated with particular industry sectors and use this information in evaluating potential investments.
- Evaluate specific ESG factors associated with particular general partners and portfolio companies and integrate these considerations into our investment decision-making.
- Evaluate our integration of ESG factors into our investment decision-making on a regular basis and strive for continuous improvement in our ESG performance.
- Communicate with our investment teams regarding this policy, including by providing training regarding relevant ESG factors and facilitating the investment teams’ integration of ESG factors into their investment decision-making.
- Seek opportunities to raise general partner and portfolio company awareness of this policy.
- Promote dialogue with general partners and portfolio companies regarding the investment risks associated with ESG factors.
- Engage with general partners and portfolio companies where appropriate to promote the integration of ESG factors into their investment decision-making and general business activities.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the ESG performance of our general partners and portfolio companies.